NOW THIS:

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Some old stuff for the New Year

I have been spending a lot of time trying to go through all my many thousands of digital photos on my computer. I had over 20,000 pictures. My goal is to remove all the files and folders from 2008 and 2009 and put them on our spare drive. Most of the stuff from before 2008 is already there.

But before I take out all those old files, I'm looking through them to see if there's anything I want to keep on my computer. There is a ridiculous amount of bug pictures that need to be organized by type. Also a lot of pictures of plant life from the Fullerton Arboretum. And more pictures of my dogs, especially Boomer, than of anyone else in the family. I am weeding out the best ones to save on my computer, the others are either being deleted or banished to the spare drive.

I have put a selection of them on Flickr for whoever wants to see. I will put some random leftover bug pictures on Bug Safari soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear...I would not be able to deal with that many photos to store! Oh, talk about stagnating your qi!!! LOL.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge job! Wow quite ambitious but worth it when done!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy