NOW THIS:

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 13, Goals

This fall, I will take a one-year sabbatical from all my volunteer duties. Can you even call it a sabbatical when I don't even have a real job? Whatever you call it, I'm taking a year off to explore other options for myself, and maybe do a few things that I've been meaning to do, but kept putting off. So this list is what I hope to accomplish during that time, starting in October or November, but in no particular order.

Go through all my dad's old slides and organize them, and convert to digital.

Take CERT training.

Begin process of fixing up the house (re-do kitchen and bathrooms, paint, etc.)

Teach myself to use Adobe Illustrator well enough to draw a cartoon praying mantis.

And I may add another item or two as they come to mind. They may or may not include such "New Year's Resolution" staples such as improving my health, losing weight, etc. (which I hate as resolutions, because I never stick with them, so mostly I never bother to resolve to do them.)

These are all things I've been meaning to do for years. I don't know what makes me think that I will do any of them just because I'm not out volunteering. It's not like I work 40 hours a week. But I do seem to have trouble doing more than one productive thing per day before I get tired or just not feel like doing anything else. So normally, if I'm at the Arboretum for a couple of hours, I consider the rest of the day to be "shot". I just want to see what else I feel like doing if I take my volunteer duties out of the equation. If I am able to accomplish one or two of the things on this little list, I will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. These are good goals! The house fixing-up sounds good...I like the way it looks when done, but hate doing the work! That CERT training looks like fun!!!

    I think you can learn way beyond making a decent praying mantis on that program...you can do some REALLY amazing stuff on there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy