NOW THIS:

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 15, a Bible verse

Luckily I have one. But just one. Back when I was a teenager and feeling a longing for God, I snuck out to Bible study classes, and even bought a Bible. It was a Living Bible, and it was written in simple English. The passages that resonated with me were the ones that I could relate to my life and my problems as a 17 year old, in which my longing for a certain boy figured prominently.
This verse in particular was meaningful enough to me that I copied it in my diary:

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true there is life and joy.
Proverbs 13:12

Looking now online, I see that many versions of this verse end with "a tree of life", as this one from the New International version:

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
I have always liked the visual concept of a tree of life, so I like this version, too.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a beautiful verse! I can't say I remember reading it...but that is why I like to re-read stuff...I never get it all the first, second or millionth time around!!! I also like the tree of life ending...both ways are good!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy