NOW THIS:

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 19, something I miss

As nostalgic as I am, I even miss the trees that are no longer here anymore.  We had our big ficus trees removed years ago, because their root system was damaging our sewer system.  I was sorry to see them go.  Likewise for my neighbor's big pine trees in her yard.  She removed them to brighten up her yard and give her house a little more curb appeal when she sold it.

This picture is from 1991. That's my baby running down the street. That's my neighbor's beautiful tree. Our ficus trees are just out of view, to the right of the picture, but you can see a few leaves in the upper right corner.

The same view today. No trees. My current neighbor likes it that way, I'm sure. He parks his company van likes it's a billboard.  Makes me want to plant something there for the sole purpose of blocking out his van.











































Here's my Brice at age 8, in his beloved tree, shortly before we had it removed.
I miss this kid, too.  (I still have him, but he's not like this anymore.)

2 comments:

  1. That sure is a cute boy in that tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Love that smile!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy