NOW THIS:

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Day 6: A picture of something that makes me happy

Photobucket This is a picture I saved off the internet several years ago, probably from Cute Overload, just because it's so cute! It appeals to me because of its spontaneity, and the simple joy it projects. (Even if it does make me want to wipe my own tongue with Listerine!)

This photo really expresses the original theme of this blog: random, miscellaneous and trivial. These are the kind of superfluous yet irresistible distractions that just make me smile every time. In a world where we hear too much about wars, disasters, and Charlie F-ing Sheen, an image this can lift your spirits, even if it's just for a moment.

2 comments:

  1. I am uplifted!

    The other day when Mom was over.... she was looking into the fenced back yard, just beyond the fence to where I had one of those large paper bags sorta laid down (but bunched up a bit) to smother some weeds there and Mom said "Do I see a Pig over there?"

    and I looked over too to see what she was staring at :-)
    and I Saw The PIG as well!

    (I must take a photo of it now to see if that 'illusion' maintains itself as a digital image!)

    Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kids hair reminds me too much of Emily's hair! It makes it a little too realistic for me...but a really great photo...you are so right!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy