NOW THIS:

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Day 7, My favorite movie

You know, I'm not really a big movie buff. As a kid, my parents didn't take me to a lot of movies, and as an adult, I often feel like I would rather not spend the money and the time, just to sit and look at a big screen. Besides, the sound in movie theaters is often too loud for my comfort level, especially action and sci-fi movies.

I cringe at violence, hide my eyes at bloody scenes and love scenes alike, and have trouble following the plot in many serious movies. I guess I'm just a big weenie.

You know what movie I liked? Waking Ned Devine. It was a simple story, with simple people, (although maybe a little stereotypical) and gentle humor.

And also Cars. I guess it's just the kid in me that responds to all the cars with their cute little faces and personalities. When I was a little girl, I used to think our old VW had a soul.
And speaking of cars and faces, check out me as a little girl, looking just like Mater. We had the same buckteeth!

3 comments:

  1. Oh...hahaha...you sound just like me. I just finished doing my post, and it sounds just like you as far as movies go!!! LOL.

    I was going to tell you about my best friends teeth, and then I saw I had already mentioned it in the post where you compare yourself to Mater! Oh brother. Silly.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Ned Devine! Sweet and funny!

    and another 'pig' - that was hilarious :-)

    I never saw Cars ... but liked the news that Paul Newman would be giving his voice to it - a natural behind the wheel as it turned out!

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY Mazda RX7 had a Soul .... and I let him go!
    woe is me - a regret!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy