NOW THIS:

Friday, April 01, 2011

A month of posting

Well, we'll see.
I found this one-a-day meme that runs for 30 days. I thought I'd give it a try for the month of April. Here's what it consists of:
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you’ve traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you’re afraid of
Day 11-Favorite TV shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 13-Goals
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you’re looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 20-Nicknames
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you’ve learned
Day 25-Favorite memory
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 27-Pets
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture

And here's Day 1
15 interesting facts about me.
(These are facts. They may or may not actually be interesting.)

I was born in 1956. In some ways, I feel like I’m still 12.

I had my first period at 13, and my last at 47. (it’s easier to feel 12 when you don’t have periods.)

I was born with congenital hip dysplasia. I was in a cast as a baby, and I wasn’t able to walk until I was 2 years old. When I was a kid, I was teased for running “funny”.

I feel increasingly nostalgic for the 1970’s. I feel like I was at my best then, physically and creatively, and it’s been a long downhill slide ever since.

I’ve been married to Jerry since December, 1979.

I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 21. Late bloomer in that regard. Go figure.

My first real job was in Woolworth’s. I started in the men’s department, and soon transferred to pets. (They sold fish and birds) My cousin hooked me up with a job at JVC, in their parts department. This was the beginning of a several-year career (if you can call it that) in the electronics parts industry. I quit working when we started our family.

I breastfed both of my babies. I was a member of La Leche League for several years, and still think breastfeeding is one of the best things a mother can do.

I would much rather be out in nature than visit a place like Disneyland or Las Vegas.

I hate confrontations. Sometimes denial, or avoidance, is just easier for me.

I make noise in my sleep. You could call it snoring. My family calls it “the scream of the Yeti”.

I have no one single favorite food. I have many favorites, and few foods that I will not eat. Kasha is one that I've long hated. I tried menudo once, and I couldn't get past the smell, but it was menudo from a can, and I won't write it off until I've tried home made.

I have a good memory for color. In my mind I can see the brilliant turquoise tummy feathers of my first parakeet, and the moss-green sweater that I "permanently borrowed" from a friend as a teenager.

I am of Jewish heritage, but do not practice the faith. At this point, I don’t feel like I could ever be part of any organized religion. I prefer to remain neutral.


Here's my recent picture, taken last month in the desert. Not very close up, I know. I like it better this way. Here I am doing what I like to do best, being out in nature.

4 comments:

  1. Terrific!
    and you know I love you all the more :-)

    I was backwards myself as regards driving Cindy! I did not learn to drive until I was in college! We have that in common! (and much more) (you will always remain so dear to me)

    !! and Thank you for the Invitation you extended me!! to do this with you !!

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh...I forgot to start this!!! I will try and get going with it...the recent picture of myslef will be hard...oh wait...I think I have one where I took a close up when I first dyed my hair in the rear-view mirror of my car!!! It was fun reading about you! I sure miss the 70's as well! I miss Micheal Jackson as a child. Do, re, me...easy as one, two three...
    I think this is the first time I have seen a pic of you! It is a good one...seeing you out in nature. It was funny to hear you say what you did about preferring nature to Disney, etc....cause my husband and I used to always prefer the hidden nature at Disney when we would go...canoeing around to find boardwalks where we could view, and being out on the water, and walking the nature trails there...I love the jackrabbits in the Disney World campground!!! I will tell my daughter about your late licensing to drive...she is 21 and still does not think she can handle it!!! I have never tried those foods you mentioned, but the saound like something a YETI might eat!!! LOLOL! :)
    I will go do my first two posts right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Woolworth's. I was a store that my mother would allow us to browse without her being at our side. I so wish that my girls would have been able to have a store like that.

    I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know more about you Cindy. Great info. You, Julie and I are about the same age. I was born in 57. Boy I wanted to drive asap. I learned at 14 but of course couldn't get my license till 16.

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy