NOW THIS:

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Coming soon? The final component of my Art Machine

As I stated in a very old post:

Back when I was a young artiste, I used to fantasize about a computerized "Art Machine." It could manipulate shapes and colors, lines and textures, and make anything you wanted. Of course, it was big enough to fill a room, and in my fantasy I had a staff to make it work, because I really didn't know anything about computers. Oh, and to get the image perfectly from your brain to the screen, the machine hooked right up to your brain. Fast forward to the present. I finally have my art machine, and it does just about everything I imagined back in the 70's. It's small enough to sit on my kitchen desk, between my coupon holder and the dog's medicine. Unfortunately, it doesn't plug directly into my brain, and learning how to make all the art stuff work the way I want it to is frustrating...

OK, so that was over 6 years ago.  I have learned it little bit more about digital art and image manipulation since then.  And I have just learned that the final, elusive, seemingly impossible component to digital art, that of extracting images directly from the brain, is becoming... a reality!

Full article here.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting reading Cindy,
    Your mind back then was certainly working in future mode...

    being creative and translating that onto a computer would be as challenging as it is rewarding...

    I believe there are creative programmes designed to keep one creating into infinity and one will still not have really unravelled a programme's assets for creative purposes.

    The wonder for me is the talented person having created the programme in the first place, let alone the computer to work it all on.

    Once relaying images occurring in someone's mind becomes normal... then seeing how each person views the same thing differently will be interesting...
    the whole concept opens up doors for understanding, well hopefully would, the uniqueness and individuality of every living thing.

    I think I'm prattling...
    really am pleased for you though, would have to be exciting experiencing what you envisioned become a reality that you can enjoy on your table without it needing to house a whole room...

    Thanks for an intriguing read...
    hope all is fine...
    is nice to see you Posting again.
    Good wishes, your Friend Magda in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...can you even believe this???

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy