NOW THIS:

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Dog Days of Winter

If there were such a time, with such a name, this would be it: the week between Christmas and New Year's. The days may not be as long, but they have surely been just as languid. As a crew of men worked busily on our ceilings and drywall, much of the inside remained sealed in great sheets of plastic, and we were obliged to hang around outside with Marley, and nothing much else to do. By some ridiculous coincidence, the weather has been dry and unnaturally warm. I hate to think how miserable we would have been if it were in the 50s and raining.

  under the plastic The living room, covered in plastic.

  All the comforts Jerry on the patio. I don't know why he's all bundled up. It was sunny and warm all day.

  garage kitchen Here's my garage-kitchen.    garage kitchen
I have my microwave and a handful of counter-top appliances:  crockpot, rice cooker, toaster oven, electric griddle.  And we have our gas barbecue.  I even have use of my neighbor's kitchen this weekend while she's out of town, but I can't think of anything I really want that I can't make here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey... you've got it all !! Love your garage kitchen! It makes for a lot of fun too, during these weird times! I remember when my first husband and I had moved to Gainesville for U.F., and we had to make eggs in out popcorn maker (it was one with a flattish bottom)! A happy memory.

    Happy New Year (and new house too)!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy