NOW THIS:

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dog update!

I haven't exactly been keeping her a secret, but I've had this dog for 2 months already, and haven't blogged about her. She is our dog pro-tem. A foster dog named Foxy.

  Foxy She is a Chow Chow mix, about 8 years old.


  Our new foster dog
She is beautiful. Her hair is soft and fluffy. Definitely the fluffiest dog I've ever had.


  Foxy
Have you ever seen a dog who matched a hardwood floor so well? This is a dog who quickly made herself at home, and now acts as if she is ours. Or we are hers.

She is well behaved in the house, and doesn't mind hanging out in the back yard for a couple of hours while contractors are busy inside and I need her to be out of the way. (yes, remodeling again. more on that later..) Boomie and Marley would never dream of spending time outside if we were not out there with them.

Foxy has learned to tolerate the pair of little yappy dogs that live behind us.

She loves to go for walks around the block with me.

She politely refuses the fruit and veggie snacks that our labs would have begged for and snarfed down. She would rather have meaty, cheesy treats, thank you, and no snarfing. She takes her treats gently and chews them! The labs didn't chew. They just inhaled.

We can't get her into a doggie bed. Her previous foster mom warned me about this. We've tried 3, in various places. She's just not interested. Just give her a patch of floor.


  Foxy


Foxy
Foxy is available for adoption through Barks of Love Animal Rescue, and she has a page Petfinder.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy! How will you be able to give her up??? She is so beautiful and sweet!!!!! Still doing work on house! Wonderful! Mine needs so much. I hope to get more done after grandkids move out. It may happen in August. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Ecstatic! A dog in the house :-) pro-tem I understand, still my Congratulations, Cindy. Taylor sends her love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, Foxy is beautiful. Being a Dog Foster Carer is a truly wonderful concept. Such a great opportunity to give dogs homely personal care while waiting for adoption.
    I met a Chow Chow during my early teens while walking to school. We became friends. He'd be waiting for me when I walked by. His coat so thick I could barely reach his skin, and I was totally enthralled by his shades of purple tongue. A shock the first time I saw it, but after that initial surprise, loved seeing it, so added to that roundish cuddly looking Chow Chow face. His colouring, though darker, was of a shading similar to Foxy's.
    May adoption happen soon, for now though, lucky Foxy has a great Carer Family.
    And new remodelling! Exciting. Look forward to peeks of the event.

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy